The INTU Trafford Centre, Barton Square, Bell Tower Abseil
16th and 17th September 2017
The 60m Tower has a commanding view of Manchester, the Peak District and Cheshire and surrounding counties.
The fee for each participant on the INTU Trafford Centre Bell Tower abseil event is £45.00.
This fee includes preparation of venue, qualified and professional instructors, all equipment, registration and management on the day.
Abseil Event Information
The address for the centre is:
It is adjacent to Junction 10 of the M60 motorway.
Come off the M60 at junction 10. Go straight on past The Trafford Centre on your right, through a double set of traffic lights. Keep TC on your right and you’ll see The Swinging Bridge pub on your left. This is at a roundabout where you turn right, keeping TC on your right. You’ll then go past Carcraft and ASDA on your left, over a roundabout and past the ASDA petrol station and Barton Square is the next thing you come to (you can’t miss the Bell Tower). Go under the glazed footbridge and turn left at the roundabout following the signs to the car park. Walk back through Barton Square to the very end between M&S and BHS and up the escalator – registration will be at the top of the escalator in the link bridge.
- Please arrive on time.
- Wear sensible clothes and footwear. Trainers are ideal with sports clothes,
E.g. Sweaters/windproof jackets. Hair should be tied back and jewellery removed if possible.
- Proceed to registration which will be in the link bridge.
- Participants will register their arrival and complete an AEUK/Eight Point Two indemnity form.
- Participants will be checked to make sure they have NO items in their pockets.
- Participants will be directed to the P.P.E fitting/abseil briefing area.
- Equipment will be fitted and the participants shown/escorted to the abseil station.
- Participants will abseil
- Participants will be directed back to the registration area.
- First Aid will be available from the instructors.
- Toilets are available in Barton Square.
- Spectators can view the abseil descent from the area outside of the tower. Safety areas will be clearly marked and spectators should not enter these areas under any circumstances.
- Please be aware that participants will have to complete a long walk up the internal stairs to the abseil point.
- Participants must be aged 16.
- Go Pros can be worn when completing the event. They must be attached to the helmet we provide with an elastic strap.